Domestic violence by husband


Domestic violence committed by husband in shared house hold. Sir my husband is a sepoy in up police and he is having sexual relation with his bhabhi.I got marry with him on 14 Feb 2014 as per Hindu riti Rivas and his family asked for 10 lakh Rs my father given to him before marriage when I got doubt on him and asked for end this relationship with his Bhabhi then he had started to beat me and forcefully he had given petrol Botel in my mouth for drink.

I applied for call details and I found that his Bhabhi made 319 calls in 42 days to his mobile. He has left me from 4 months at my home when my father went with me to my law’s home to drop me then he said to my father that tu mere ghar kaise gaya tere muh me moot dunga.

Then I return back with my father to my home. And filed FIR against him. Please tell me is there my father mistake that he has given birth to me as a girl so he is listening so bad word only due to me. Please advice me for legal and fast action against him.

Question from - Criminal Law | Domestic Violence

You should file a complaint under Domestic Violence Act and claim monetary relief for mental and physical cruelty. You have valid ground to live separate from him because he has been in illegal relation with his Sister-in-law (Bhabhi). You can claim maintenance under section 125 Cr.P.C.

Section 22 of Domestic Violence Act provides Compensation orders as:- In addition to other reliefs as may be granted under this Act, the Magistrate may on an application being made by the aggrieved person, pass an order directing the respondent to pay compensation and damages for the injuries, including mental torture and emotional distress, caused by the acts of domestic violence committed by that respondent.

You can claim 2 lakh as compensation under this section, however amount of compensation shall be decided by the court. Complaint shall be filed in the court of first class Magistrate. You can file that complaint in the district where you residing. Proceedings under Domestic Violence Act and section 125 Cr.P.C. are swifter than other proceeding.

quick Advice

Get A Quick Advice

Book an appointment for 15 minutes and consult with an expert over the phone within minutes

Talk to Advocate Shivendra

Book a phone consultation for 30 minutes and get solid advice on the phone

Book it Now
Share via